At Farmor’s School we recognise the need for teachers to work in partnership with parents to help our students get the best of what we have to offer here. Both of us want the same thing: your child maturing into a responsible young adult with the tools to be independent and have the qualifications to enter and thrive in their chosen field of work.
The main point of contact for parents is your child’s tutor. Alternatively, if you wish to talk about a particular subject, you should liaise directly with your child’s class teacher.
There are many research papers that show the greater the parental involvement in a child’s studies, the better the academic performance. Parents can have a role aiding academic progress by;
- Having conversations at home about what their child is currently learning
- supporting homework issued through the Show My Homework website
- ensuring their child attends school every day
- contacting the school with any progress or pastoral concerns they discover
- attending parents evenings.
Our Home School Agreement can be found through the link at the side of the page