In This Section

What to do if you have a complaint

If there is anything causing you concern about Farmor's School we would encourage you to contact us.  We will always try to resolve your concerns informally.

For Parents, most matters can be dealt with by your child's teacher, tutor or Head of Year.  The contact details can be found here. 

For members of the public, minor matters can be addressed by phoning 01285 712302 or emailing

Should your concern be of a more serious nature, or if you are dissatisfied with the response you have received after raising concerns informally, you may make a formal complaint.  We ask that complainants complete a Complaints Form and email this to  Alternatively, please telephone the school or arrange to visit and a member of staff will complete the form on your behalf following a discussion about your complaint.

Formal complaints are handled by the headteacher, who may ask a member of the senior team to investigate on his behalf.  Please be aware that formal complaints may take some time to resolve.  Complainants will be kept updated as to the progress of their complaint.

Some concerns fall outside of the complaints procedure and will be dealt with via other procedures.  Complainants will be advised as to the process which will be followed to address their concerns.

Prior to making a formal complaint, we advise you read our Complaints Procedure fully.  This is based on the Department for Education's model complaints procedure.  We are happy to explain any aspects of the complaints process.