We celebrate the E grades as fully as the A grades at AS and
A level.The entry criteria, however, are to prevent you from
making the wrong decision.AS and A levels are difficult and we
need to ensure that you have a good chance of success. Based
on past experiences we have established the following criteria :
• 5 A*-C grades at GCSE including a C grade or above in
Maths and English.
• C grades or above in the subjects you are wishing to study
at AS and A level though a B grade would be desirable.
Some subjects require a B grade to start the course –
see individual subject information cards.
• Some subjects have other specific entry requirements –
see subject information cards.
• Attend the Sixth Form Information Evening - 8th November
2012: 6.00 - 8.30pm.
• Attend a Taster Day if applying from another school.
(This is not essential but highly recommended).
• Think and talk through subject choices with teachers, parents,
tutors and the Sixth Form team. Make sure you also think
beyond A levels and what you may want to do in the future.
• Complete your application : Deadline - 18th January 2013.
• Teachers will write subject references, stating your suitability
for the course. If you are applying from another school, we
will request a reference from your school.
• Attend a sixth form discussion, taking place from the beginning
•Work hard to achieve the necessary grades.
•During May, receive a letter offering a place (conditional on grades) and
giving details of enrolment and induction times.
• Attend induction and book return morning 1st July 2013 where you will.
receive preparation work to complete before starting Sixth Form.
• Discuss issues with Sixth Form management team on results
if you have any concerns over your place.
• Receive results 22rd August 2013.
• Attend enrolment day on 23th August 2013
• Start Sixth Form in September 2013 - Induction Day September 2013 (date tbc)
A copy of our Sixth Form Admissions policy can be viewed here.
For more details showing the entry criteria and process together with options for success and choosing courses to complement possible Degree options click here.