Farmor's School serves a predominantly rural area which includes some of the prettiest villages in the Cotswolds.
We have close links with our primary schools in Bibury, Down Ampney, Fairford, Hatherop, Kempsford, Meysey Hampton, Southrop and St Lawrence, Lechlade. We also have a significant intake from St Sampson's, Ampney Crucis, Wiltshire and from the independent sector.
The school is situated in beautiful parkland, within walking distance of the centre of Fairford. The eighteen acre grounds are well maintained by our site staff and include a modern and well-equipped sports hall.
Farmor's School was founded in 1738 with money left by Miss Elizabeth Farmor and Miss Mary Barker to educate fifty boys in Fairford. In 1815 girls were admitted into the school but they were kept separate from the boys. In 1922 the school became co-educational.
The school moved to its present site in 1961 and became an 11-18 comprehensive school in 1966.
In 2004 Farmor’s became a Business and Enterprise Specialist School and in June 2007 we were designated a High Performing Specialist School. As a result of this we became a Science College which complements our Business and Enterprise specialism. The extra resources that come with Specialist School status enable us to provide extra opportunities for students both in the classroom and through extra-curricular activities.
In 2010 there are 1050 students in the school including 200 in the Sixth Form.
The school has doubled in size in the last ten years and during this time there have been several building projects to reflect the growth in student numbers and the demands of the modern curriculum.
Farmor's School, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under number 07707979, with registered office Farmor's School, The Park, Fairford GL7 4JQ